My name is Darius Bashar and I am excited about our session together!
Below I've included some notes and a few visual references to help you prepare for our shoot. I'm sure it's going to be lots of fun.
If you have any questions I am always here to help.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me, on my direct line at 647-895-8585.
See you soon!
9 Tips TO HELP YOU PREPARE FOR OUR SHOOT
- Please bring at least 3 or 5 clothing options. We might only shoot 2-3 but it's helpful to have an extra option, just in case. Whatever you decide to wear, it is important that you feel confident and comfortable.
- Please make sure all your clothes are clean and ironed. It is very hard to look professional with dirty or wrinkled clothing.
- Usually people want their photos to feel warm and welcoming. Bright clothing or vibrant colours will greatly help with this. Don't over due it. Make sure you feel comfortable in all your clothing options. And most importantly that you feel like YOU!
- Textured clothing such as sheer and denim look great in portraits. Also, layering clothing with contrasts in brightness looks awesome. eg darks and whites together.
- It can be fun to bring clothing options that have some range in necklines. (eg. v-neck, scoop, turtleneck, off-the shoulder, etc)
- Try and bring clothing options that have a range in colours. Diversity in colours will makes it feel like we shot a lot more photos than we actually did.
- For people that wear make-up, I'd suggest bringing your make-up bag with you. Sometimes we need a few quick touch-ups - it's normal. Also, a good idea to bring a hair brush (if you have longer hair) and also chapstick is always helpful to have on set.
- For women (or men), a little bit of eye make-up can go a very long way. Mascara will help bring out your eyes, which is always helpful for portraits. Just be careful not to over due the make-up, especially with cover-up or powder.
- Our shoot will be lots of fun, but it can also be tiring. It's a good idea to make sure you have eaten before arriving, so that you have plenty of energy throughout. Just try not to eat a super heavy meal either.
4 Quick Visual References To Help You Prepare
Example 1 - BRIGHT AND Vibrant CLOTHING
Below are several examples of how BRIGHT or VIBRANT colours can look very nice in nature light portraits. Again, don't over due it. Make sure you feel like yourself in whatever you are wearing.
Example 2 - Range in LeckLines
The below photos are good examples of a variety of different necklines. The key is to bring a few different options that have some range . (eg. v-neck, scoop, turtleneck, off-the shoulder, etc).
Example 3 - LAYERING WITH CONTRAST
Below are several good examples of how to layer tops with contrasting brightness levels. This will allow your outfit to pop and will help create depth.
EXAMPLE 4 - PERSONAL STYLE
Below are a few good examples of how there is plenty of room for each person to bring their own style to the shoot. No matter what your style, it is important you wear clothing that makes you feel confident and comfortable. Remember this is NOT a fashion shoot. It is a YOU shoot. We want you to be confident and comfortable. :)